Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Musings amid excitements


Everytime I get home from our choral rehearsals I'm spent physically and emotionally. I feel like I've been running all day. Our rehearsals last until 9.30pm. UsuallyI get home half past 10pm, always spent and hungry put together. But fulfilled, thank God for the love of singing.    

The following day after choral rehearsals, I usually wake up late. The anxiety is especially pits during the tutti rehearsals, with the orchestra and the soloists. Everyone on our toes. Thank God for our dynamo of a conductor in Maestro Brett Weymark. On occasion, we are also conducted by Liz Scott, Music Director of SPC's VOX, the Young Adult group.  

Amid excitement, last minute preparation, my mind is brilliantly lit yet I can't stop thinking...  especially when much is expected of our performance.

Will it be a good full-house... they said they were selling tickets good but couldn't be sure ahead of time of a sellout.  Ah, I'm tingling all over with excitement. Something I usually feel in any of our performances, but the excitement is always exhilarating the moment I step inside the Concert Hall's Choir's Box.

Here's a snapshot of our Alto group, our last Sydney Philharmonia Choirs - Festival Chorus Concert due to the SOH's two-year renovation. We performed Dvorak's Requiem at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall last September 21, 2019. Just one performance this time. It's down memory lane now. Wonderful memories...   (I'm in front row, leftmost).  A haunting yet powerful piece of music.    


Let me see if I can find a good Dvorak Requiem performance in Youtube... Here:  I found one: performed by Symphonieorchester des Bayerischen Rundfunks with Mariss Jansons, conducting. Dvorak Requiem, uploaded by romanticism_is_not_dead. Accessed September 24, 2019.



(c) September 2109. Tel. Autumn Reflections. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment