Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Gift of Music


Sometimes I imagine what the choirs in heaven will be like. When Mozart, Bach and Handel, or Tchaikovsky, Schubert and Mahler are put to service.

Music is good for the soul; at times when my faith is on shaking ground I turn to listen to a choral music especially one I've sung before; very soon I'm filled with thankfulness for God's gift of music.

I'm thinking of Handel's Messiah in particular "And the Glory of the Lord" wherein we Altos start. I love that. I've sang Messiah few times: before joining Sydney Philharmonia Choirs, and few times with Sydney Philharmonia Choirs. I haven't any excerpt of our SPC performances to share but here's one I found and really like, performed by Bow Valley Chorus. Brilliant performance! Uploaded by jstumple. Accessed September 4, 2019.





(c) September 2019. Tel. Autumn Reflections. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment