Tuesday, August 17, 2021

My pen breaks my silence

 

 

"Great things are not done by impulse, but by series of small things brought together." - Vincent van Gogh 

similarly,

"Great accomplishments of man have resulted from the transmission of ideas and enthusiasm." - Thomas J. Watson.


It's now mid-afternoon. My fourth cup of green tea. 

Could it be because it's Tuesday? A beautiful day. Outside beckons. I don't need essentials, and with statewide lockdown, we are empathically ordered by our state health officer to stay home. Fine.   

This thought came to mind. I have no idea who said it but I'm quoting it any way: "Unlike city buildings, bridges always retain evidence of the structure. We can still feel the tensions, the pressures."    

Since this morning and until my pen broke my silence a moment ago - it's now mid-afternoon - I've felt empty and silent. My silence at last was broken as my pen quieted the unexplained whisperings in my heart.  

So this entry. 

There is a time of silence before anything creative is born.  There is silence in the mind before we discover an idea, distracted or not. We need a home, a nest of silence - where we can be quiet, at peace with ourselves.  

I don't know with you, but my best ideas come out of these quiet moments. Most of the time. Something I call my "stillness nest".   

Tomorrow, a new beginning.

 

(c) 17 August 2021. Tel. Leaves from my Musings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment