Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sniffed out from my past journals (2)


Something worthwhile I've done, and still doing, whilst in social distancing due to COVID-19. I've managed to clean-up and re-organise my 21 journals, including to-dos, rumblings, quotes, moment-outburst, raw notes, all sorts... nota bene. This will be an on-going activity, but hereon, better organised. In this post, I have sniffed them out from these past journals as a process of re-organising - my own thoughts, and quotes from my readings, from watching TV or from listening to a favourite radio program.

There's nothing satisfying hearing someone say something exactly what we want to say, or reading the right words that reinforces what we believe in. Or letting out pent-up sentiments. Liberating. Healing.


Continued from 'Sniffed out from my past journals, Part 1'

When you read a line that is so well-written, you just close the book and stare at the wall for a minute... I don't know with you, my mind occasionally go wild with fantasies, other times, I'm stilled, quieted at the thought of what becomes of the character I so relate to.

Nowadays, I find life getting more complicated. We can only hope for the best. I'm rapt listening to one of my favourite Tchaikovsky music Symphony No. 6 "Pathetique". This particular music is sad, melancholy. It makes me think about life, myself, what I've done... where I am going. In musical  terms, thank God for the beautiful adagio in the first movement that brings gentle harmony to the chaos of living represented by molto allegro and more turbulent allegro vivace in the succeeding movements. When my emotions overwhelms, I rumble a lot, and takes a while to quiet down. Like Tchaikovsky's music, I look forward  relishing the Finale's 'adagio lamentoso', mournful, yes, but still a beautiful adagio.     

Some music touch us in powerful ways and leave an impression that makes us change our outlook in life. The various musical movements goad me to rethink and re-evaluate my life  journey. For instance, Tchaikovsky's "Pathetique" parallels to my journey, dramatic twists and turns in life. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the moment, and grabbing the inspiration from this beloved maestro's enchanting creation that has meant much through the years.   

Listening:

Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 6 "Pathétique" / hr-Sinfonieorchester (Frankfurt Radio Symphony Orchestra) ∙ Lionel Bringuier, Dirigent ∙ Accessed April 27, 2020.   

Inspired Pen rests... 



(c) April 13, 2020. Tel. Leaves from my Musings. All rights reserved.

(c) April 2020. Tel. Leaves from my Musings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment