Thursday, April 30, 2020

Enjoy open-handed blessings



I hear it. I read it all over the written forms. Lots in social media too. This comparison of anything, or of some celebrities. Who is better. Who is best.

Let's enjoy benevolent blessings instead of comparing them unnecessarily - be it songs, poems, inventions, composers, musicians, writers... you know what I mean. Okay, I confess I'm a die-hard Mozartian, but this doesn't necessarily mean I don't love Tchaikovsky, Schubert, Beethoven, Mendelssohn or Bach. And many more...  


Franz Liszt's Liebestraum No. 3 ("Dream of Love")



There's hardly any day I'm not in YouTube searching for a video that I can feature in my blogs.

These strong comments relating disagreements about different renditions! We are fortunate in having so many fantastic pianist, cellist and violinists, to name few talents, and brilliantly playing the same sonata in different ways. And they're free. As to performances, for example, a Mahler symphony to that of Haydn's. Or a Chopin to that of Liszt. Or in conducting, Bernstein to that of Karajan. In a way, it's what makes a composer brilliant - when their work is subject to many views or interpretation.


Frederic Chopin's Fantaisie-Impromptu (Op. 66)



It's likely that even the composer himself might not have played his work the same way every time. We have heard of great composers revising their work few times. 

All great musicians are good and listening to them and their versions is certainly a pleasure.  Let's enjoy and savour each note that vibrates into the air!  




Video Credit: 

Chopin's Fantaisie-Impromptu (Op.66). Uploaded by Rousseau. Accessed May 30, 2020.

Franz Liszt's Liebestraum ("Dream of Love"). Uploaded by Rousseau. Accessed May 30, 2020. 




(c) April 2020. Tel. Leaves from my Musings. All rights reserved.   

No comments:

Post a Comment