Thursday, January 2, 2020

New Year 2020 Reflections

Reflections  / Musings

Passing end-of-year reflections while looking forward to a new year

I respect the wonderful memories of my past, but most especially at this point in time of my life,  I refuse to cling to it, for in doing so I make myself unavailable to the present.  

Listening:  

Joni Mitchell - Both Sides, Now [Original Studio Version, 1969].  Accessed January 2, 2020.
Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days - 1968. Accessed January 2, 2020. 


A new year is upon us once again. This time it's 2020. New decade too. New beginning. A chance to make things right.

Was it a year ago, and other years before that we fought our to-dos including over-spending and gluttony - and miserably failed? Oh, those moments' motivated resolutions to be better... only to break them in a matter of time, some less than a day or two.

Through the festive season I started to spend time reflecting on the past year, and the lessons it may teach me. This year, I've learned few but significant things from those experiences and messages, thanks in part, to Facebook.  Events and interactions certainly have been suitable pointers. Enormous waste of time and energies, dealing with the wrong people and group/s, not to mention stressors. Even common interests don't warrant true friendships.   

Lesson?  To not take anything for granted.

Know thyself and really know what you want, where your sense of comfort lies.

If we can truly reflect on our past year, on the things we treasure and the values we hold, do something about them, we are moving towards a better, fulfilling new year.  N'est ce pas?


(c) January 2020. Tel. Leaves from my Musings. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment