Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A writer's life a lonely life


I'm sharing this lovely poem by J.M. Robertson which I found among my lifelong collections of writing gems. I don't have the exact reference where I got this from but worthy of reflection.


Life can be a journey
With many variations,
A challenge - an adventure,
With changing destinations.

It starts at Optimism,
Then moves along the way,
Passing through Confusion,
Delight, and then Dismay.

There's the all-important question,
That the cross-roads stop entails -
Take the straight and narrow,
Or wander off the rails?

Watch out for the sign-posts,
And study them with care.
Some can lead to Happiness,
Others to Despair.

Though no one knows for certain
What lies around the bend,
Always travel hopefully
Until the journey's end.

A writer's life can be lonely.  If you are one and truly passionate about writing especially creative writing, hang in there for those long nights or early dawns. Keep going my friend. Some endeavours need to be done alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment