Saturday, February 21, 2015

When were the best moments of your life?

Recalling some best moments of my life, I remember an old popular song I used to sing with my university friends: "Those were the days, my friend, those were the days."

When were the best moments of your life?  When you were a child? Growing up? First love? College years? First job? Now?

Reminds me of my friend's four-and-a-half year old daughter Caitlin who said, "I don't like school, but I think I might change my mind when I leave it!"

At all times and in any stage of life, there are always things we dislike and at the same time those we relish.  Whilst writing this post, one of Matt Monro's songs came to mind, an oldie, but leaves too many memories in time:  "They are so few, the precious moments of our lives... Which would they be..."

Thanks to YouTube, I found the song featured in the film "The Sea Wolves" (1980), starring  Gregory Peck, David Niven and Roger Moore - all brilliant and popular actors in their time.



It's never easy to accept things as they are... as well as accept ourselves as we really are.

YouTube Link of "The Sea Wolves" if the above doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment