Thursday, September 14, 2017

The courage to face changes

Our courage to face changes is challenged as trying times continue.  


When are our best days, weeks or months of our lives? When we’re kids, growing up? In college? Or at some later stage in adult life?

No matter how we view change, it's an inevitable part of life - and we can't experience anything new without it. 

What do we do when we feel trapped with trying times on and on, and seemingly endless?

Come to think of it, it’s probably not as bad as we think. There are always things we dislike and others we relish, some we may hold in our hearts forever. Once I heard the four-year-old lovely daughter of a friend say, “I don’t like school, but I might change my mind.”


I suppose it’s in the attitude we bring through. The week has been a bit exhausting, what with unforseen disruptions aside from already scheduled plans. At one point even my cool and patience were once again tested. It's probably not that bad either. It depends really on how we take things assuming it's not a major distraction.

I remember Lewis Carroll's words. He said, “The route you take depends a good deal upon where you want to go.” Well said, Mr. Carroll. No wonder, I’ve loved Through the Looking Glass and the lovely Alice in wonderland.   What keep coming back are these bits and pieces —

Finding the courage to face change.
Mary in the world of Marthas … (a lesson in work/life balance)
When you are not the prize of what you think…
Of love and passion.
Of friendship.
Of letting go.

Let go.
Let me go.
I want to go.

There are only diminishing things ahead.
Then I go back to where I started - Finding the courage to face changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment