Sunday, March 16, 2014

Fulghum Kindergarten Rules

We've all gone through kindergarten years.  Those were the days, my friend...


Kindergarten years, one of the happiest in our lives. Well, mine was. How about yours? One of my favourite books by Robert Fulghum is All I needed to know I Learned in Kindergarten. I occasionally revisit to read his great advice on how to live and be ... handy for all seasons. Meant to be for kids, but as adults, we still can learn from.
  • Clean up your own mess.
  • Don't hit people.
  • Don't take things that aren't yours.
  • Flush.
  • Play fair.
  • Put things back where you found them.
  • Say you're sorry when you hurt somebody.
  • Share.
  • Wash your hands before you eat.
  • Watch out for traffic, hold hands and stick together.
On reflection, every child needs a sense of belonging, to feel accepted and be recognized, aside from feeling safe and secure.   

I must love the book so much; I recently found out in my bookshelves that I have two copies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment