Tuesday, December 13, 2011

What a smile can do

Smile!  With a slight sore muscles and sniffles, I forced myself to trek down to the local post office and do few errands.  Then I had my usual coffee in one of my favourite muffin break shops. Going back home I was carrying an awkward bag coming from the supermarket. I'm still recovering from a medical issue and haven't been to the shops on my own lately.

Halfway home I felt the first drops of rain I was unprepared for.

Suddenly I saw this little girl coming my way. As she drew near I heard her singing softly to herself.  When she saw me, she looked up with those lovely blue eyes and gave me a smile of such complete happiness. What pure delight I felt.  That was my blessing for the day.

A smile from a happy little girl I happen to meet on the street.  Just a smile, that made me forget my day's cares, about the rain and my somewhat heavy bag for my load to carry.

I eventually reached home but with a far lighter pace.  I even forgot about my recovering body discomforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment