Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Patience and Temperance

Writing insights... 



I found this often-quoted little poem which expresses the way I've recently been feeling. Perhaps you my friend or you my visitor reading this post, are familiar with it. Embrace the heartwarming insights with me. I've searched for the author/poet but to no avail; just the same I wish to thank him/her for this beautiful poem.




It bespeaks of patience and temperance.

If you have learned to 
walk a little more sure-footed than I,
Be patient with my stumbling then
And know that only as I 
do my best and try 
May I attain the goal 
for which we both are striving.

If through experience, 
Your soul has gained heights
which I as yet in dim-lit vision see,
Hold out your hand 
and point the way,
Lest from its straightness 
I should stray,
And walk a mile with me.  

~ * ~



(c) January 2009. Tel. Leaves from my Musings. All rights reserved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment